Monday, August 8, 2011

Lahori Fried Fish

Happy Ramadan everyone! I pretty much almost forgot I had a blog (but that's what a newborn and toddler will do to you :D). Here is my latest recipe that I'm making today, Lahori Fried Fish! I've never had real Lahori Fried Fish but seen many approximations of the recipe and it tastes pretty good.

Marinade:
2 lbs fish, cut into fish finger type pieces
1 tbsp lal mirch
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin, coarsely ground
juice of one lemon
1 tbsp each: ginger and garlic paste
1 tbsp coriander, coarsely ground
1 tbsp qasuri methi (fenugreek leaves?)
1 tbsp pomegranate seed, finely ground
salt to taste

Combine all ingredients and marinate for a couple of hours. When ready to fry combine the ingredients for the batter, coat, and deep fry.

Batter:
1 cup besan (gram flour)
1 cup rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ajwain (oregano seed)

salt, black pepper, garlic powder to taste
1 egg

water as required

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. I really want to try this! I'll make it soon and update you on how it was! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete