Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Super Simple Burger Recipe!

Okay, so by popular demand I am going to put up a burger recipe. It is by no means a fusion burger just a simple burger that a friend from Chile used to make and is perfect on the grill. I actually do not measure the ingredients and kind of just add them according to the amount of meat (I know, I know, this used to drive me crazy all those times that I'd ask Ami for recipes and she's say add some of this and some of that and I'd have no idea how much some was :D). But anyway, combine according to personal preference:

ground beef
garlic (liberally)
salt
pepper
ground cumin
paprika
ketchup and spicy brown mustard (yep directly into the meat :D)
fresh chopped italian parsley
fresh thyme, finely chopped
olive oil

Mix well and usually my husband shapes 4 patties per pound of beef about 1/2'' to 3/4'' in thickness. Grill to perfection and enjoy with all the trimmings (my friend would also prepare a nice chopped mushroom and onion mixture to go on the burgers, essentially just mushroom, onion, garlic, salt and pepper). Bon Appetit!

5 comments:

  1. I love burgers! i will convince ami to let me make this one night for dinner! Thanks for this!

    ~Miss Nine West

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too :). They are my weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm yum! Do you know if this would work well with the George Foreman Mean Lean Fat Grilling Machine Grill? I think we might try it with that because we still haven't gotten the gasoline or whatever you put inside the outdoor grill haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are making this right now for dinner! and then we'll grill it outside for the smokey flavor! thanks!

    ~inny

    ReplyDelete
  5. We tried this recipe and it was absolutely delicious! We will definitely be making more of these burgers in the near future! :)
    Thanks for the great recipes! <3

    ReplyDelete